What’s Better: Hot Wax Or Strip Wax
“Strip wax adheres to the top layer of the skin as well as the hair. When that comes off, it takes the top layer of skin as well, which is why it’s so painful,” Christie said. “That causes redness, swelling, and irritation, etc. Hard wax, which is what we use, only adheres to the hair, so it’s more gentle for sensitive skin.”
Things Every Brazilian Waxer Wishes You Would Stop Doing
Have you ever imagined what its like being thisclose to vaginas all dayno, not like that sadlyyou know, for work? The life of a Brazilian waxer is never dull! In fact, sometimes its downright disgusting. Lets just say Ive had more than a few projectiles fly at my face during my 9-to-5. Youd be surprised at what goes on behind the closed doors of an estheticians room.
Want to help alleviate my torture? Here are 5 tips that ever waxer hopes youll heed before heading into the salon:
1. Shower before your appointment. I am not saying womens lady bits smell bad, but showering before your appointment is the considerate thing to do. There have been occasions when people come to me directly after horseback riding as well as a long-distance bike ride and because of this, the molecules in the room change once your pants are off. Its just a fact.
2. Please use the handi-wipes in the estheticians room prior to your appointment for a quick clean upregardless if you feel like you need to or notjust do it. Handi-wipes are to be used for your vagina and most importantlyyour other hole. Wipe front to back and use as many as you wanttrust mewe have more! There have been far too many appointments that have resulted in someone unknowingly giving me the stink-eye because they didnt take advantage of the magical wipes on the counter. These are the moments that define your estheticians poker face.
Please and thank you. Happy waxing!
Read Also: Do Credit Cards Have A Grace Period
Is It Ok To Get A Brazilian Wax During My Menstrual Cycle
Yes, you can get a Brazilian wax on your period, although it isnt recommended. Waxing during your menstrual cycle will not make your esthetician uncomfortable. However, in order to do this, you MUST be wearing a tampon.
Your intimate areas are generally a lot more sensitive during your cycle, and you may already be in some pain. This means that a Brazilian wax during your period will probably cause you more pain and discomfort.
Have no fear if you are on your period and need a Brazilian wax immediately! It is acceptable. But, it is recommended to make an appointment at least a few days before or after your cycle.
Recommended Reading: Donating Blood While Menstruating
Should You Get A Bikini Wax When You Have Your Period
As much as we love swapping tips and tricks to solve our biggest beauty dilemmas, there are some questions we may not feel comfortable asking our friends about, let alone Google without going incognito. Dont worry. Weve got you covered. In this series, well be tackling those embarrassing beauty queries by turning to experts in the field to get you the answers you need minus any awkward feelings.
With summer in full swing and high-cut swimwear all the rage this season, many of us are stepping up our hair removal game whether at home or at a salon to ensure our skin looks and feels smooth when we slip off our sarongs. Sure, we have had a monthly bikini wax booked, but when our periods sync up with our appointment, should we still head to the spa? Between bloating, cramps, and a possible heavy flow, is it a good idea to add more trauma to the mix? We turned to top estheticians to find out whether you should reschedule and how to be prepared for your appointment if youre dealing with a visit from Aunt Flo.
Before The Appointment
Brit + Co: Tell us the truth: Can we get a bikini wax on your period?
Kristen Rogers of Spruce & Bond: You can absolutely get waxed on your period however, your skin will be most sensitive around that time of the month. It is better to get it at least two weeks before your period to avoid any extra discomfort.
B+C: If we do decide to get waxed, how should we prepare for the appointment?
During the Appointment
Leftover Hairs Will Be Plucked
Most of the time, there are hairs left behind that cant be removed through waxing, probably because they are still too short to be waxed. Thats when your waxer might start plucking them off with or without asking you first. This can also sting, especially when she starts tweezing those hairs on your inner labia.
It is a good thing to ask your waxer beforehand if she is going to pluck those individual hairs so that you are prepared for it. You may also opt not to get them tweezed and just leave them be for your next waxing session.
You May Like: Brown Stuff Instead Of Period
Can You Get A Brazilian Wax On Your Period
A waxing specialist breaks down what you need to know ahead of your mid-menstruation waxing appointment.
Every uterus owner has experienced, at least once in their lifetime, an untimely period that crushed their plans. Perhaps an early visit from Aunt Flo while you were on an island vacation gave you the souvenir of stained bikini bottoms, or your cycle’s debilitating cramps forced you to skip an important work presentationandlay on the couch all day instead. Or maybe, your messy menstrual flow led you to postpone your regularly scheduled Brazilian waxing appointment.
You may not have much of a choice when it comes to those first two events, but do you really need to hold off on a professional grooming treatment just because it’s that time of the month? Here, a waxing pro answers the question, “can you get a wax on your period?” once and for all.
The Lowdown On Waxing On Your Period
Periods can suck. Were all for women rallying and doing it all on their periods but most women agree its definitely not their favourite time of the month. Contrary to tampon and pad commercials showing women twirling around in white skirts and sweating hard at the gym while menstruating, many experience intense cramping, headaches, nausea and a severe lack of energy. For some, its even a time of avoiding: avoiding the beach, avoiding shopping for jeans, or avoiding wearing anything but stretchy pants. One thing you shouldnt avoid is visiting your waxing salon because its definitely possible to get waxed while on your period .
Before you get waxed:
Consider your body and how its feeling. Different times of your cycle are more sensitive than others, so be mindful and think about taking a Tylenol 30 minutes before your appointment if you feel extra sensitive. Your skin is not only more sensitive to pain on your period but can be dryer as well.You may also want to consider opting for a bikini wax over a brazilian You know your body best so listen to it.
Shower–whether youre on your period or not, its a good idea to shower at some point during the day of your waxing appointment–its just proper etiquette. Also, it may go without saying, but its most comfortable for you and your Waxologist if you wear a tampon or menstrual cup.
At the Laser + Waxbar:
After you get waxed:
Also Check: 90 Day Probation Period Template
How Should I Take Care Of My Skin After Waxing
- Avoid tanning and extended sun exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid hot showers or baths, sauna and steam room use immediately following the service.
- Scented lotions, perfumes, or colognes should be avoided for 48 hours.
- Dont allow direct heat on the skin for at least 24hrs: sunbathing, solarium, hot shower, sauna or steam room use. This can traumatize & burn new skin, as the dead skin layer has been removed with the hairs during waxing.
- Use a tea-tree based moisturizer on the waxed area it is a natural antiseptic and will help reduce the likelihood of getting ingrown hairs & small pimples .
- Exfoliate with a strong mitten, cloth or glove, but only when the skin has calmed down after waxing and the new growth begins to penetrate. This could take from 4 to 7 days.
- Wear breathable underwear
Can You Get Waxed If You Have Genital Piercings Or Tattoos
When it comes to genital piercings, your wax technician will likely ask for you to remove your stud. If youre unable to remove the piercing, they will simply work around the area. Just know that you might have a few stray hairs near the piercing.
If you have a tattoo, waxing can actually help exfoliate the area and make your ink appear more prominent.
Also Check: Can You Donate Plasma On Your Period
How To Prepare Before Your Appointment
Check in with yourself before the appointment to make sure youre ready. You should:
- Make sure your hair is at least ¼-inch long about the size of a grain of rice. If its longer than ½ inch, you may want to trim it slightly, so the wax is able to grip better.
Your first appointment will probably take around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how much hair you have and how much you want to get removed during your session.
Heres what you can expect:
When you go to pay, make sure to tip at least 20 percent. This is the standard for most salons.
What Happens During The Appointment
Your technician should make you feel comfortable during the process. Heres what you can expect:
- Undress and get on the table. If youre wearing a dress, they might just ask you to lift it up. Dont be shy, your technician is a professional, and theyve seen it all before!
- Prior to the sugaring, communicate any preferences on what you do or do not want sugared. This is especially true if youre looking for a Brazilian style.
- To start, the technician will cleanse the area.
- Before applying the paste, theyll usually apply powder to protect and make hairs stand out.
- To apply the sugaring paste, the technician will use a single ball of paste, applying it against the grain of hair growth and then lightly tugging in the opposite direction.
- After the sugaring is complete, the technician will apply a serum or rejuvenating oil to hydrate, soothe, and help prevent ingrown hairs.
Remember: Tip at least 20 percent. Most technicians live off their tips!
You May Like: Period Delay Pills Over The Counter
Recommended Reading: Can You Donate Blood While Menstruating
Can You Get A Brazilian Wax On Your Period European Wax Center
getwax on your periodif youryour cycleyouget your waxwouldyourwaxyour periodwill make thethe
. Moreover, can I get waxed while on my period European Wax Center?
Sure, we can absolutely wax you when Aunt Flo’s in town. Just be aware that the area is often more sensitive during this time, so you may experience more discomfort than usual. In order to successfully complete the service, you will need to wear a tampon.
Additionally, how much does it cost to get a Brazilian wax at European Wax Center? European Wax Center Prices
Subsequently, one may also ask, can you get a Brazilian wax on your period?
You can still get waxed while you are on your period. We just suggest that you wear a tampon. You are a lot more sensitive during this time. With the extra blood flow in the area, sometimes our clients may even bruise.
Can I have a wax on my period?
Before The AppointmentKristen Rogers of Spruce & Bond: You can absolutely get waxed on your period however, your skin will be most sensitive around that time of the month. It is better to get it at least two weeks before your period to avoid any extra discomfort.
Could I Be Waxed During My Menstrual Cycle
Waxing during and right before your menstrual cycle is possible, but is not recommended in consideration of your comfort. During your menstrual cycle, your body tends to be more sensitive due to the change of hormones, and this could cause the treatment to be more painful. We recommend you schedule an appointment after the end of your menstrual cycle.
How often should I wax?
This depends on the area and how fast your hair grows . On average, waxing is recommended every four weeks is recommended for the body and three weeks for the face.
Also Check: 90 Day Probationary Period Form
How Long Will The Results Of A Brazilian Wax Last
It really depends. Hair grows at different cycles depending on the person and sometimes your cultural background. Shaved hair does not grow back in one cycle. I am seeing more and more that after a first wax, shaved hair will still appear days after the wax. This is typically because the client didnt wait long enough for ALL of the hair to grow out. You will, however, notice that after a few Brazilian Waxes your hair will start to grow in much slower and finer. Shaved hair is much thicker because it gets cut off at its thickest point. Dont, therefore, have high expectations of extremely smooth skin after your first wax. This comes with time and the patience of growing all of your hair out at the same time, but, believe me, it pays off.
I understand that there can be frustration during those 4 to 6 weeks of growing in time. Here is my advice if you are perhaps going to the beach, or have a rendezvous and dont want to scare young children or your partner! Just shave the sides of your bikini line, or if you have time, come in and we can just wax the sides. Im more concerned with that top part of the bikini line where the hair grows in slower and thicker its a really good idea to give that area enough time to grow in 100%, especially when you are a newbee to waxing and have been shaving.